Browse through our frequently asked questions to see if any of your queries can be quickly resolved.
What is Early Settlement?
Early settlement is a feature we offer on our Jackpots. It allows you to get money back on your Jackpot bet before all the games have been played. The Early Cash offer you get is based on our discretion.
How do I view the offer?
Early settlement offers can be viewed from the "My Tickets" tab when logged into your Betway account. You Cash Out Offer will be displayed when available with either the “Solo Tickets” or "Syndicate" sub-tab selected. Only Captains will have the option to claim offers for syndicates.
The full offer amount or a portion can be claimed by adjusting the slider. If the offer is taken in full, your ticket will be closed. But should you cash out a portion of the offer, the ticket can be left as is for normal settlement.
How much will I win if I get all selections correct on my ticket?
You will win (or share in the case of multiple winners) the jackpot amount for that pool.
Why did I receive less than the prize amount offer?
Two possible reasons:
- Because the prize amount is shared among all winners. E.g. if the prize amount is KSh 1,000 and 8 people win, each person will receive KSh 125.
- Or you chose a stake per line on your ticket that is lower than the default unit stake on the Jackpot. For example, in a 1X2 Pick 5 pool, a KSh 95 stake per line plays for KSh 237,500, a KSh 50 stake per line plays for KSh 125,000 and a KSh 10 stake per line plays for KSh 25,000.
How many people won?
You can view the information by following the below steps:
- Click on the Jackpot tab.
- Then click on Results on the right inside of the page.
- Select the option Completed. This will populate the list of Jackpots resulted.
- Click on the relevant Jackpot to see a prize breakdown.
Why is the number of winning units (winners) not a whole number?
This is due to variable bet amounts placed. A full unit is when you stake KSh 95 to place a Jackpot bet. However, if you stake KSh 10, this will be considered as 0.105 unit instead of one full unit.
How do I place a Jackpot bet?
- Click on the Jackpot tab.
- Select which Jackpot you would like to bet on.
- Make your selections in each game.
- The default bet amount is KSh 95, if you are happy with that click on Play for KSh 95.
Why are my winnings not reflecting in my Betway account?
Below are possible reasons for this:
- One or more games on your betslip haven’t played to completion yet.
- When it comes to amateur, reverse, or smaller leagues, it may take a couple of hours for the league to confirm the match result.
- Due to maintenance or any unforeseen technical issues.
- If all games on a betslip have played and completed, please allow up to an hour for your funds to reflect in your Betway account.
- Contact us if, after an hour, you still haven’t received your winnings in your Betway account.
Sometimes your deposit does not reflect immediately due to a temporary connection downtime. All you need to do is refresh your Betway account as follows:
Why is my deposit not reflecting in my Betway account?
- To refresh your cash balance: Click on the Cash button on the top right hand side of your screen to refresh your balance
- To refresh your Free Bet balance: Click on the Free Bet button on the top right hand side of your screen to refresh your balance.
How do I reset my Betway password
SMS the word Reset to 29029, we will reply with a new password within 15 minutes and you can logon with the new password and get back to betting on the biggest games from around the world.
You can also reset your own customized password by clicking on Forgot password in the top right hand corner of your Betway account. Then, enter your mobile number (e.g. 579999333), you will receive a code via SMS, which you will be required to input in the Reset Code field. Then, enter your new password under New Password and click on Request Password Reset.
How do I place a bet with Betway?
In order to place a bet you will need to firstly log into your account, once logged in a tab of available sports to bet on will be displayed, this is ordered by popularity per region.
- Navigate to Betway's Home page for the latest upcoming fixtures.
- Click on More bet types/leagues to choose your market and league.
- Add your selections to the betslip by tapping or clicking on them.
- Once you are done with your selections, confirm your bet on the betslip.
How do I use my Free Bet?
- Log into your Betway account.
- Click on the Sport or Live tab.
- Make your predictions/selections.
- Then click on “Use My Free Bet”.
- Confirm your bet.
How do I view my betting history?
- Log into your Betway account.
- Click on the My Account tab on the top right hand corner.
- Click on the My Bets tab.
- The Open Bets tab will populate the bets which are still to be resulted, while the “Settled Bets” populates your resulted or settled bets.
How does Early Cash Out work?
Early Cash Out is a feature which allows you to get money back on your bet before the game you have bet on is over.
The amount of money you get back is determined at the time you accept the offer and will depend upon the current likelihood of the bet winning or not. It could, therefore, be greater or less than the initial stake, but never more than the initial potential return.
Why am I unable to place a bet?
This could be due to a connection timeout on your mobile device or computer. We suggest that you do the follow steps to try and resolve the matter:
- Log out of your Betway account.
- Clear the cache and cookies on your Internet browser as well as all temporary files.
- Log back in and try again.
- Should the issue persist please try again from a different device or computer, and check that your internet connection is up and running.
- If the matter is still not resolved, please contact us and ensure you have the exact error message, your betting selections and a screenshot of the error so we can investigate and fix the problem for you.
What deposit methods are available with Betway?
We currently accept deposits from Airtel and M-Pesa accounts.
If your deposit still doesn’t reflect a few minutes after refreshing your Betway balance, please contact us via Live Chat, or email us the full SMS confirmation you received from Airtel or M-Pesa so that we can track down your deposit.
How long does it take for my winnings to be credited to my account?Deposits are normally credited to your Betway account instantly. Should there be any network failures or ongoing maintenance at the time of your deposit, this may take up to 48 hours to reflect in your Betway account or could be reversed back to your Mobile Money account.
How do I make a deposit?
- Log into your Betway account
- Click on My Account
- click on Deposit Funds
- Select your preferred deposit method and it will display the steps to follow in order to make a successful deposit.
How long do I have to wait for my withdrawal to reflect in my account
Withdrawals are paid instantly (up to a limit of KSh 70,000 per day for M-Pesa and KSh 50,000 per day for Airtel).
Where is my withdrawal deposited?
Withdrawals are paid back to the same mobile number you initially deposited from. Please bear in mind that this mobile number cannot be changed once the account has been registered.
How long does it take for a withdrawal to be processed?
If your withdrawal does not process instantly, this will be investigated and reprocessed (paid) within the next 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours and you have still not received your withdrawal, please contact our dedicated call center and one of our agents will gladly assist you.
A withdrawal may be delayed due to various reasons, such as maintenance, network errors (from the network provider), or the mobile money accounts may experience downtime.
How do I withdraw funds from my Betway account?
- log into your Betway account
- Click on My Account
- Click on Withdraw Funds
- You can also SMS “w#the amount you wish to withdraw#your Betway pin” to 29029. e.g. w#1000#12345
Once the withdrawal has been requested you will receive SMS confirmation.
NB: You need to make at least one deposit in your Betway account and place a bet first before being eligible to withdraw any cash balance.